Interesting tidbit in this article from the Tennessean:
For example, Penguins defenseman Paul Martin could be part of this situation. He’s a bit overpaid at $5 million, which is not exactly a great number if you’re Nashville. But according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review he is a candidate for a trade. Martin, 31, is the type of player who could benefit from a change of scenery. And while he may cost a lot in terms of money, the Predators could get him on a salary dumping situation. The Penguins are reportedly clearing cap space for a run at Zach Parise and potentially Suter. Pens General Manager Ray Shero and Poile were seen talking multiple times at the NHL draft last weekend. They also have some history, with Shero being a former assistant general manager with the Predators.
Just in case you didn't know, TSN starts coverage of free agency at high noon Sunday.
- Holy crap, via Larry Brown Sports:
A junior hockey coach in Vancouver has reportedly been arrested and released and is awaiting charges after he tripped a 13-year-old boy during a postgame handshake line last weekend. The UBC Hornets coach, Martin Tremblay, had just coached his team to a 5-4 victory before the classless postgame antics were unleashed. As you can see from the video above that Richmond Steel manager Tammy Hohlweg shared with LarryBrownSports.com, Tremblay clearly tripped two of the Richmond players.
- CBA talks begin Friday.Donald Fehr was somewhat positive. [ PHT ]
Commenting on all the good news coming out of league offices (increased revenue, TV ratings, etc.), Fehr said the “object is to get a deal done that can continue that momentum.”
- The Staal brothers will play together. [ CanesCountry ]
- Interesting story about a conspiracy theory from a Fox Sports Detroit columnist on why Brendan Shanahan didn't get into the the hall of fame. Apparently he slept with Craig Janney's wife or something. [ PuckDrunkLove ]
- Some dude played a sim for 10 years. Really interesting read. [ Kotaku ]
Vid of the day
From It's alway sunny in detroit, a Wings fans pitches Parise and Suter in the strangest way imaginable: