That awkward moment when the Islanders fans realize their team sucks forever.
The Penguins were down 2-0 early in this game. They didn't have Jordan Staal or Sidney Crosby. The D is in shambles as far as injuries. But the Pens turned a 2-0 deficit into a 6-3 win.
Part of it was hard work and not panicking.
Part of it was a terrible performance by Inigo Montoya, the Isles goalie.
The Isles have like four goalies. No clue why they would start this stiff.
Some other shit after readmore.
- This was the lead sentence on ESPN.com.
The Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Islanders don't agree on much. They did both believe that major penalty assessed to New York defenseman Travis Hamonic wasn't a penalty.
- What this is in reference to is Travis Hamonic getting called for a five-minute major for elbowing when he really didn't elbow Brooks Orpik. The video isn't on the internet because no one really cares enough about Travis Hamonic.
- What happen on the play was Brooks Orpik's own stick actually hit him in the face.
- On the ensuing powerplay the Pens tied the score at 3.
- After that, the Isles fell apart.
- Dupuis scored the game-winner seven minutes later making it 4-3
- Matt Cooke added some insurance. Even Paul Martin scored. Game. Set. Match. 6-3.
STAT OF THE GAME
- Matt Niskanen and Tyler Kennedy both +3.
ROOT SPORTS SUCKS MOMENT OF THE GAME
We're always looking for reasons to show why ROOT Sports sucks. Reader Mike W. sends this in:
On this play the ROOT sports producer follows Chris Kunitz behind the net instead of following the puck, missing a sick pass by Malkin.
Always looking for ROOT sports sucks moments. Honestly you could just send us the complete audio of everything Paul Steigerwald says, though.
GREATEST STUNNED PIC EVER OF THE GAME:
- via birdman