Five biggest talking points from this game:
1. What will it be like for the Penguins when Malkin starts filling the net? He is snake-bitten a bit, but based on his career stats he starts picking it up in November.
2. Columbus isn't terrible. They just aren't ready to play with the big boys yet.
3. It is early, but if the playoffs started today, the Pens would be dancing with Montreal in the first round. If the Metro keeps going as it has been, the Pens will likely be facing an Atlantic team in the first round. Something to keep in mind.
4. Deryk Engelland has as many goals playing forward as Eric Tangradi did. Most people get jammed about seeing Engelland score. It is hilarious when players drop their balls on the haters. We'll be the first to admit we didn't know what to make of Engelland moving up to wing, so we've put on hard hats waiting for his balls.
When a guy who plays eight minutes is the number-one star, that basically tells you about the game.
5. All of a sudden, the Pens have won four straight, taking 6 of those points in the Metro and not giving any away, either.
Add a comment