- Stoosh has been hired as a new writer. We're working on getting Rage under contract for the offseason.
- The rules for the Rinkotology playoff version have been released. [Rinko Blog]
- Big Ben is in a bad episode of Law & Order. [Mondesi's]
- Crosby at the Skates and Plates:
- All the pics from the Skates and plates are online. [PENS.COM]
- And lastly from Pens.com, some shootout fun if you have nothing better to do. Orpik with a nasty move.
Add a comment
The Pittsburgh Penguins have been informed by the NHL that forward Matt Cooke will not be suspended for his hit on Boston's Marc Savard.
Savard suffered a grade-two concussion when Cooke levelled him with a shoulder to the head in open ice during a game on Sunday in Pittsburgh.
In explaining his decision, NHL senior vice president of hockey operations Colin Campbell said that the ruling was based on consistency involving similar incidents. Philadelphia's Mike Richards was not suspended for a similar hit on Florida's David Booth last October, so using that as precedent, Cooke was not suspended either.
Good times. WOW.
"His schedule was full," Crosby's agent, Pat Brisson, said Monday night.
The New York Post this week reported that NHL officials were "miffed" at the missed opportunity to have Crosby -- considered the face of the league -- make such an appearance on the heels of his winning goal for Canada in the Olympic gold-medal game.
"I talk to the league on a regular basis, and the league couldn't be more thrilled having Sidney Crosby do all the stuff he does," Brisson said.
NHL spokesman Frank Brown said the league is thrilled with Crosby's promotional efforts. " ... Sidney has been exceptional in giving his time," Brown said.