The NHL and NHLPA met for a long time Saturday night and the NHL made a newish kind of offer. [ TSN.ca ]
The league amended a proposal made last month to shift the cost of the NHL-designed 'make whole' provision from the players share over to the owners side.
The concept of "Make Whole" is a protection plan to cover player salary reduction in dropping the players revenue share from 57 per cent to 50 per cent in Year 1 of a new CBA.
Hmmmm. That was from Dreger. Michael Russo had more:
Among other things, the owners have proposed to 1) artificially inflate the salary cap in Year 1 so teams don’t have to trade or release players; 2) trade player salary and cap charges in trades (this is something both teams and players have wanted); 3) eliminate re-entry waivers; 4) Increase revenue sharing with further increases as revenues grow, and the top grossing teams making the biggest contributions (revenue sharing is something Don Fehr is passionate about; wants it so the teams that really need assistance are assisted); 5) Introduction of appeal rights to a neutral third-party arbitrator in cases involving on- and- off-ice discipline (player-proposed wish).
And oh, the Players also what this:
1) Joint NHL/NHLPA Health and Safety Committee with equal representation by the league and union; 2) Establishment of a “standard of care” and “primary allegiance” obligations between the team medical staff and players (this is directly due to the tragic Derek Boogaard situation that remains ongoing); 3) Offseason rehab activities would no longer be required in the team’s home city; 4) Players have access to second medical opinions at the club expense; 5) Ice time restrictions and days off during training camp; 5) Improved facility standards in visiting locker rooms; 6) Ice condition improvements and standards; 7) More player friendly rules for parent-son trips, teams would have to pay for parents travel and lodging to first-ever games, other milestones; 8) Different standards for rent and mortgage reimbursements from teams; 9) increased access to tickets for visiting players and also a game ticket policy that minimizes the tax impact on players; 10) And also, the league has agreed to consider a player proposal for single rooms for all players on the road, which would be thousands of extra dollars spent on travel. Typically, players share rooms on the road unless you’re a longstanding player (600 games), or in a lot of cases, goaltenders.
7-10 are just...
Five reads to start the week, a bigfoot sighting, iconic TV show coming back, and other shit after readmore
- So Bigfoot is real or some shit. [ Grind TV ]
Get real. Looked like a bear.
- Boy Meets World sequel? Boy Meets world Sequel. [ TVline ]
- This will make you LOL and vomit. [ Photograph ]
- Some kid is basically a mirror. [ Dailymail ]
- SNL made fun of Bloomberg's sign lanuage interpreter:
Gif of the day: When you hear good Lockout news.